Bawa La Tumaini (“Wing of Hope” in Swahili). We are a Fair-Trade company that works with marginalized handicraft producers in Kenya by linking them to global markets.
Bawa la Tumaini seeks to share the enormous creativity of gifted producers living in low income areas and slums. These producers, especially women, often lack the means to access better paying global markets. They are often exploited by middlemen who deny them the basic human right to “quality living” thus confining them to slums.
Through Fair Trade, marginalized producers get what they deserve for their beautiful products. They do not require charity—just a fair opportunity to compete on the global stage.
: Bawa La Tumaini’s mission is to transform the lives of marginalized producers and especially women from a life of abject poverty to that of economic prosperity and social fulfillment.
• Employment and income opportunities for many Kenyans, especially women in underprivileged and needy situations.
• An appreciative marketplace that accords dignity to their skill and craftsmanship.
• Sustainable income for better access to shelter, food, healthcare, education
• A better quality of life and a brighter future for Kenyan families and children
• Product Development and design for the producers
• Education and training on health and safety
|No active contacts|